Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to Heather (Loganberry) for her BIS at Swindon today!

It was a fantastic mouse day out, weather was perfect, Hermitage is a beautiful village, and everyone was lovely :)

Sarah xxxx

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Just seen this thread - thanks guys! My second time best in show, and both were Cup Shows! I am very happy, to say the least :)

This was an argente satin, and her sister won Best AOV also. I won four cups at the show, but i won't know what they're actually for until the next magazine comes out and they're listed.

Here's some pix then:

And everything i won :):

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Ta! If she stays in good nick, i'll show her and her sister (who came second in the satin challenge) at Enfield on 1 May - they only 7 weeks at the mo. This one is the darker of the two, and they get darker as they age, so her sister might be the better colour in a couple more weeks.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
yeah, no one else is showing them/has them at the mo. In satin, I have silver/dove/ivory/cham/argente, plus all those in normal coats, and cham tans.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of ticked coats on mice... I saw a couple of Leighs argente's at the march enfield show though, and they are very pretty :D

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I chose them primarily because i wanted to learn about another type of mouse. I breed selfs, and had dabbled in satins and tans, all of which require slightly different skills and ways of looking at them to breed good ones, but I hadn't yet tried a ticked variety. You learn a lot from each section - at some point in the distant future, i will have to breed a marked variety also, to learn about the intricacies of that section. I see it as a kind of apprenticeship!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I will be testing the waters with rumpwhites soon :D That should be wildly amusing! hehee

I agree with you completely, and if I had to pick a showable ticked variety is would be argente (Though really i would prefer blue agouti LOL)

*sighs* talking about different varieties makes me want more... I keep having to stop myself from asking for show blacks! hehe

W xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
The biggest thing that struck me when I first got my rw girls is how tiny they are! hehe

It will definately be a challenge, though I do generally enjoy that. I will see how it goes for a few generations as to whether I will continue with them.

W xx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts