Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with these babies, they are black eyed all 3:

Dad is agouti siamese LH (carry blue and satin)

Mom is black eyed ??? fuzzy

Any ideas?

TIA :)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Mom looks like a BEW, which could be any number of things genetically. Assuming that she is one of the more common types, ce/c, and dad is ch/ch, then the BE babies would be ce/ch either on an agouti or black background. At around 4-6 weeks they will probably develop points.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
They look ticked to me =o/ Could chinchilla have any part in this litter? chinchilla is a gene i find scary which wreaks havoc with colours LOL

Willow xx

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
This is why I wish there was some kind of uniformity in monitor resolutions--they don't looked ticked at all to me! lol

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answers so far - the babies actually look a little ticked IRL :)

I will keep post pics of them as the grow older and develop their colour more :)

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New pics - they have black eyes and i'm keeping all 3. I named them Alfa, Beta and Gamma :)

Alfa:

Beta:

Gamma:

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I think I'm detecting the tiniest degree of point on the muzzles, and an off white color to the rest of the bodies. The mom looks offwhite...maybe bone? There may be the ghost of ticking. Maybe they are mismarked siamese-ish with c^ch c^e?

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I reckon they are agouti based colourpoint beige (A* ch/ce), and mum is a pale stone or possibly a cream.

Time will tell with these c locus varieties though!

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New pics of my 3 big boys :D

All 3 together:

Alfa:

Beta:

Gamma:

The boys with their mom - as i said; BIG boys :D

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The males are 4 weeks old now, and was weaned 4 days ago due to their size (didn't want to risk them humping their mom) The boys are huge, alle 3 weighs 25 gram now. I guess they have the size from their father, he's a big male too. Alle 3 are longhaired so Medusa (mom) must carry it, quite odd that a fuzzy carry that, i think :lol:

Here's some pics of Alfa & Beta which i am keeping:

Alfa:

Beta:

What do you think about their colour now :?:

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Chinchilated agouti diluted by something. These are just a shade lighter than several chinchillated agoutis I had some three years ago or so.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Chinchillated agouti is called "chinchilla." ;)

This is why it's good to learn and use common mouse standards when you describe mice. :p

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Chinchilla without the a^t isn't; it's called 'chinchillated'. The effect of the dilution without the full set of genes. The mouse lacks the pure white belly of a full chinchilla.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Not quite. If the agouti is white-bellied (like most good English chinchillas are--and many on the continent, too), it does not need "at."

If it's A/A cch/cch it's called silver agouti. You were going for "silver agouti," it seems.

"Chinchillated agouti" is a bit of a misnomer. It's like saying "cinnamon agouti" or "white PEW;" it's stating the same thing twice.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
It's an academic question, at best, since I see no sign of a white belly. I still say chinchillated agouti; without the a^t and without the A^w, that's what it is.

Noone has pinned down just what the inheritance of these hairy little shag-mousies consist of, as far as I can see in the thread.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
That's because all "mongrels" (that's not the right word, but you can't say "mixed-breed" since mice don't have breeds) are an amalgam of one sort or another. They're not distinct enough in appearance to warrant a standard but they're just distinct enough to confuse you when they turn up! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.