Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These does are from 7 to nine weeks old, all out of litters sired by Adamant on his daughters and grand daughters. Some are trisor splashed and others are their sisters.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very nice micies, I love the colour of the white one with splashes of brown colour in the face and aroun the ears, soo cute :)

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The doe with the brown on the face and around the ears has dark red, almost ruby, eyes. Thats a thing that comes with about 25 t0 30% of tris or meeces with tri in their genetics. I really like the color in satin as it looks like bronze metal.

Thanks, folks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
moustress said:
The doe with the brown on the face and around the ears has dark red, almost ruby, eyes. Thats a thing that comes with about 25 t0 30% of tris or meeces with tri in their genetics.
Nice :drool But if she is tri colour where is the third colour?

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is one of the sisters of the tris there were relatively few in these three litters that had tri markings, but I woldn't call any of them tricolor since they don't meat the standard. I just say tri unless they do. Like many of the c locus phenomenon, the tri factor has an effect of eye and hair color even when it is heterozygous, with a full color C plus some c dilute in the second spot. Any of these girls when bred to a mousie showing tri variations will have an average of 25% tri marked babies.

I have only had about 8 meeces who mostly fit the published standard for tricolor, and considerably more meeces who are rightly called splashed.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That broken marked blue is a little gadfly; she must be homozy for boingy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts