Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm SOOO upset!!!!
I don't know whats happened I just found him curled up sleeping dead and cold under his log!
I haven't even had him 2 months!!! :cry: :cry: !!!!
I'm so upset and shocked! He was fine last night and now he's gone!
My OH doesnt even know yet as he's at work he's going to be so so upset, even more then me as he
doesnt take these things well at all!
What am I supposed to do, I don't even know what happened to him or why. He just died in his sleep.
I haden't even had him that long :(

·
Registered
721 Posts
So sorry to hear about Cloud, sounds rather suspicous if he was fine and suddenly died and he was young? Mmmm.... the only way you will know what it was is to get the vet to do post mortum on him but that will be costly I think. I wonder if something got in his cage and he ate it and it poisoned him. Or something in his food maybe that didnt agree with him :? I really dont know.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know whats happened I dont think anything could've got into his cage. I cleaned him out just the other day and he was fine. And I had him out yesterday :( it just happened suddenly obviously :S
He was only about 18 weeks old as he was 8 weeks when I got him so the pet shop said. :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about Cloud it's very sad especially when they don't show any signs of illness which is really upsetting but all you can hope is he passed suddenly like from a heart attack or stroke, something sudden like that?

He could also have had a genetic condition you couldn't have known anything about - still upsetting and I'm sorry for your loss x

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, thats one thing I'm glad about that I did find him curled as if asleep rather than being sprawled out somewhere
else in the cage. At least he went peacefully. I've had time to calm down now about it and to think more rationly.
I was just in such shock about it. He was so special and perfect. He was truly the most friendliest hamster I'd ever had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.