Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you breed a Chocolate (aa bb D*) to a Dove (aa bb dd pp -pink eyed black )
What color offspring would I get?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No clue what they are carrying.
If I bred a brother and a sister from that litter, I would get black, chocolate and dove right?
How would I go about getting champagne(Pink eyed chocolate)

·
Registered
310 Posts
that website really is great. on some varieties it tells you what to breed in order to get that color. unfortunately it doesnt tell you specifically how to make champagnes :(

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
according to that website, Dove is pink eyed blue, but I thought it was pink eyed black.

·
Registered
310 Posts
haha i think you read it wrong. it says dove is pink eyed black. it says that silver is pink eyed blue

"Dove is genetically a pink eyed Black. Dove is also genetically akin to Silver (pink eyed Blue or to put it another way, diluted Dove)"

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I just noticed that,lol. Its after 2am I should be in bed, but I cant stop reading, but since Im not seeing straight, maybe I should go to bed.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
You can make champagne from those mice; champagne is just a pink eyed chocolate. You may get other things since you don't know what they carry, but in simple terms:
choc x dove = blacks (carrying PE and chocolate)
black x black may mean that some inherit chocolate and PE from both parents, these babies would be champagne.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts