Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this little lady off a back to back breeder on Saturday, so she was still in with her last litter, aswell as the male and another female.

She popped yesterday sometime between 8am - 6pm while I was at college, I am retireing her after this litter as she has gone through to much stress in her past being pregnant and feeding a litter at the same time. Poor girl.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I don't really know (much) about mice breeders but I know a lot of cavy breeders breed sows back to back, I think it's alright for 2 possibly 3 litters but they really do need a break between nursing weaning and feeding poor things :?

I just LOVE tans and before I saw photos of himi mice was seriously thinking of pursuing them - look forward to pictures :D

276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they are 4 days old and have sexed them and half and half 5 boys 5 girls good litter I thinks :D

But I will cull all the bucks off as I have no room at the moment for them with all the bucks I got at the weekend, when I find another way of culling them down.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That was silly of that breeder keeping her in with a male aswell as her last litter honestly some people. Good idea retiring her after this litter. When we bred hamsters we only used to breed max 2 litters in a lifetime if that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts