Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will get a couple of pics as soon as I get the chance, but is it possible to get what I think looks like Chocolate Sable from a Cinnamon x Dove Self pairing? This little bug looks like the Sables I've seen on here, but she is lighter and the darker coloring is concentrated more on her back, unlike an Agouti. Definitelyl very distinctly different than any of my Cinnamon babies, which I get quite often. I'm new at Sables, Agoutis, though, so have no clue! It just popped up. I know pics will help, I will try to get some tomorrow, as I'm in bed right now. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Not what we call sable in the UK as this is a combination of dominant yellow and tan. It sounds to me like you might have an agouti with a fault (dark dorsal stripe), which is a pretty common problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ETA: She is from a Cinnamon x Dove Fox pairing, not Dove Self! lol *smacks forehead*

Thank you. I am just trying to get a handle on all of this genetics stuff. ;) So, is she probably a Chocolate Agouti, then? As she really doesn't look like she has any black at all...

This is my sweet little girl. She was born July 9. Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I'm just learning how to use our new camera, which is supposed to take way better pics! :roll: I guess it looks like it could be black in the pics? But her back is really a chocolately color in rl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts