Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like a stupid question but what is carefresh that i sometimes read about on here? I'm still a novice to this mouse talk :?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
sasandcol said:
Sounds like a stupid question but what is carefresh that i sometimes read about on here? I'm still a novice to this mouse talk :?
Ah ha, a question I can answer! Carefresh is a kind of substrate that comes recommended for small critters like mice and geckos ;). I think its made of compressed paper? Well, its compressed something. It has a bit of a funny smell, and I know it sets a couple of people with allergies off, though.

I use carefresh :3. Its quite expensive, though.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I don't like it myself - I think it's dusty and that can't be good for a mouse's breathing since they're a species prone to resp infections. I use Aubiose as substrate.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Well i run out of floor covering for the rats and didnt want to give them what i use for the mice because it mice irrate there eyes ( the mice seem fine on it) but the rats dont think id trust the stuff.

Anyway ive orderd some finacard and thought ti would of been here by now but apparently they are shipping orders out till the 5th :mad: so i had to go buy some stuff and it was either shavings or carefresh so of course i went with carefresh but i hate the stuff already lol

It stinks, my rats are throwing it all over and its just horrible lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts