Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have today got a very cheap cage with bar spacing of 1cm is that too large for most Doe's ? I have 2 that are nearly 7 weeks and teeny tiny and 2 that are double the smaller 2's size.

The cage is great with ladders and platforms which i can make really interesting for them so should i go ahead and try it or best not to ?

Many thanks
Juliet xx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
10mm is too big, they will easily get out. If you want to use the cage you could mesh over it with 5mm mesh - other than that it sounds more suitable for a Syrian hamster.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MouseBreeder said:
10mm is too big, they will easily get out. If you want to use the cage you could mesh over it with 5mm mesh - other than that it sounds more suitable for a Syrian hamster.
Thankyou i did think this myself but thought it doesnt hurt to ask the experts :) I actually bought it with 1 of my Syrians in mind but just thought the meeces would love all the levels :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i now have the chance of a lovely cage from a friend very cheaply the bars are 10mm what do you think ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jammy said:
Ok i now have the chance of a lovely cage from a friend very cheaply the bars are 10mm what do you think ?
10mm is the same as 1cm so I think you will find your answer is the same as already given by Cait ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
As I said before...

MouseBreeder said:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sorry that i asked again :oops: :cry:

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have kept adult mice in a Ruffy with no probblems, but I would think babies could get out easily, especially where the door catches are. Duna type tanks (with dwarf hamster bars in the lid) are fine, the savic mickey max is a nice cage with narrow bars designed for mice (and currently a bit cheaper in pets at home), perfecto tanks have very fine mesh lids, or get any old glass tank and make a lid from the 5mm squared weldmesh that you can buy in panels from garden centres and diy stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts