Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to cut a very long story short Doms family had to move pretty sharpish which meant privately renting and they couldnt take the 2 cats or the dog buddy...the cats have now found a new home and Dom thought yea we can take him in and all eyes were on me so i couldnt say no otherwise i wouldve been the bad 1,bearing in mind we have a 2 bedroom 3rd floor flat and a cat aswell as the 2 babies! so i give in rather than the whole family hating me and blaming me for getting rid of him.First night here we had been up at stupid o clock in the morning helping doms family move,may i just add its a family of like 6 moving into a 4 bedroom 3 floor town house arrrrr lol not fun.anyway kids finally go to sleep at around 1am coz they were so over tired me and dom get into bed at about 2am and guess what? buddy thinks its a good idea to start seranading us at the top of his voice.singing and howling because he doesnt want to be on his own but he NEVER done this when he lived with doms family.We got up and put the radio on for him which shut him up in the end.so Sunday we go back to doms mums new house 2 help finish off, doms little handy man round there with his drill lol well we get home sunday eve and guess what the lil fudger had done.dom tried opening the door and the latch had been flicked on from the inside! he had been trying to get out,jumped up at the front door and locked us out....i cudda cried! god knows why but lucky we did really dom put a big metal gas pipe hanging in my lil inside door lobby bit so he had to get his arms in the letter box and flick it back off.when we fianlly got inside the flat i wished i hadnt,buddy had ripped my hallway carpet up,scratched the hell out of my all my doors! arrrrr luckily the mouse room door the handle is put upside down so Jayden cant get in there.so he gets a slapped ass and made to get in his bed we phone doms mum and tell her we cant do it we cant afford to replace all our carpets when buddy decides to have a bit of a dig so off we toddle round to doms mums again today with a bunch of flowers and a card and yet again got home and buddy had ripped the carpet up again lol!!!!!

such a long story but anyway yea hes our new pet til he finds a new home! and hes not a small dog either hes a lab x alsation

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dear lord!!! :shock: But I can understand his upset. When my Dad left, our normally perfect dog, Nomad, started pooing in the house. They all deal with stress differently. Any pics? ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sound like you are having fun! Lets hope he finds a new home fast! I dont supose Doms mum has thought of the dog rehoming centres? I know its not nice but he is recking your home and he isnt your problem, maybe you should talk to her, you have two young children to think of as well as your sanity! The only other thing you can do is get doms mum to invest in a dog cage, so at least
he cannot get to your carpets. What are the neighbours like are they likely to complain about any noise he makes while your out, I would have thought if he is making a mess of your home while your out he will be making a lot of noise as well.

Good luck with him :)

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Well I think you are to be commended for taking him in and not washing your hands of the problem.If he goes to a new home from you you will be able to pass on all relevant information and do the best you can for him.If he goes into rescue he will lose not only the people he knows but his identity.It may be obvious but the best way to get rid of neurotic behaviour and bring balance and mental stability is to drain his energy with a lot of exercise.I hope you find the right home asap,poor you ,poor dog.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well he is walked around 4 times coz we dont have a garden but live around 10 ft away from woods so he gets plenty of exercise plus today we took him for a really really long walk,we were out around 3 hours to try and wear him out. We are waiting for sussex pet rescue shelter to come and asses him on friday but we really dont want him to go into kennels we really wish we could keep him on but living in a council flat we arent meant to have him anyway.Yes he does make no end of noise when we go out,Rachael you have been to ours and we can hear him wining from the end of our road just hoping nobody reports him.we are doing our very best for him while he is with us and we will try and keep hold of him till a good home comes up we dont wanna let him go to just anyone poor lil fella...(i say lil hes as tall as me when he jumps up on me and shes 5'8 lol)

He sadly lost his best friend a few weeks ago too,caddie doms mums dog that they had 9 years,suddenly passed away of around a year of being very poorly,and he seems lost without her,shes all hes known,since shes gone he hasnt really eaten and not been himself so this up heavel isnt fun for him either all we can do is give him the best life we can while he is here

We got plenty of pics of him on the long adventure today so will post them up tonight

·
Registered
445 Posts
aww poor u and poor doggie...... cant wait to see the pics.... I hope all works out well for you all.
I also might see if I can sort out this photobucket site to add some pics of our pets etc.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
He looks lovely.At least you've tried to do the best for him under very stressful sounding conditions.Fingers crossed that the rescue has somebody waiting.It must be a big advantage to know he is good with young children and might secure him a place with a family.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sarahc said:
He looks lovely.At least you've tried to do the best for him under very stressful sounding conditions.Fingers crossed that the rescue has somebody waiting.It must be a big advantage to know he is good with young children and might secure him a place with a family.
He absolutely adores my kids,jaydens 2 and hollys 10 months...he is deffo a people dog,has been following me everywhere since he got here which is a pain in the back side when im trying to cook dinner with him sprawled out in the middle of my kitchen floor lol apparently there are 2 familys wanting him lets just hope he wont be in the kennels too long but apparently before he can be rehomed he has to be neutered and have all his jabs coz he hasnt had any yet :(

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
doms trying to persuade me to keep him :( i really dont know what to do for the best? i would love to keep him i really would. if anything i think it would be selfish to keep him to be honest he needs alot more space and a garden which we just cant offer him but he does get walked about 4 times a day and not just little walks at least half an hour or more apart from his last walk before bed which is a quick 1. HELP! what do we do for the best? :?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Fae...You cant keep him it's not practical and its not fair on him you don't have the space he needs and you are in a council flat, if found out you could get evicted if your not allowed dogs? Its hard I know I would love to take him for you but I cant we dont have the space and we are in a four bed terraced house! We are squeezed in as it is.

Dom...its not practical or fair on 'buddy' or on 'Fae' Think of the extra work she will have to do (when you start your job) I know you want to do the best by him but who are you thinking of really...his well fare or your heart strings. Its hard I know only too well, we have had to rehome 2 dogs in the past for reasons you would not understand but it really hurt our hearts and we cried as a family especially with one of them.

I hope you both make the right decision for your family.
We are thinking of you ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its just so sad to think hes been doms family dog for 3 years now and nobody really cares but us and doms brother phill whos now moved into a shared house and couldnt take him (even though dom had moved out when they got him) it is so sad really i know we have gotta do whats right which a new home with lovely people with lots of time and love to give and a nice big garden

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right,well the women from the rescue shelter came to asses buddy this morning and she was so pleased with him! couldnt believe how well behaved he is,with the our kids and the cat.also she was very chuffed with how good he is walking,never goes further than 2ft away from us no matter how hard we try! well she has a lady that is very interested in him already...sometime over the weekend she is bringing over some frontline to treat him for fleas because he has scabs on his back,even though we have searched him and cant find any fleas but its better to be safe than sorry,cant do him any harm.When she bring his treatment she is going to take him to this ladys house to see how he gets on with their dog and cat and if all goes well he will stay there! we are very happy because this means he wont have to go into kennels :) the rescue place isnt like the normal rescue places though,they dont have kennels,they use foster homes,but id rather buddy went straight to a new home,dont want him settling somewhere else then being moved again

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well he has grown up with another dog,Caddie but she died a few weeks ago due to a number things the main 1 being old age bless her.He doesnt even go for other dogs when hes off his lead walking.we only put the lead on him if we are walking near a main road.He is very curious with cats though! im more worried about him trying to eat the cat lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thought id let everyone know a lady through the rescue place brought her dog to meet him yesterday and fell in love with him.Buddy hasnt been neutered though so he got rather excited by the other dog Flora even though shes been spayed.So the plan was he was to stay with us for a little while longer and the rescue place was going to book him inot the vets and have him neutered the4n he would come back to us after the op to recover before going to his new home...

Well we got a phone call 1st thing this morning from helen that runs the rescue place saying lyn had been thinking about buddy all night and she fell in love with him so change of plan,hes going 11am tomorrow morning :cry: we are happy hes found a nice home,lyn has a big house in the country with lots of land,she lives alone with the dog and cat so will have plenty of time for buddy and apparently she has lots of money so we know he will get all the luxerys he needs! we will be very sad to see him go though.

i just spent half hour or so sitting with him cuddling and got a lump in my throat sdo no doubt there will be tears tomorrow :shock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts