Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some lines just have buck heavy litters, some dont.

The hairless i bred had buck heavy litters, infact most of my litters do to. Just had a litter of 11, with 7 bucks. The litter was reduced down to 4 (does).

Its just one of those things.

·
Registered
394 Posts
We have been pretty lucky with the ratio tbh...seem to have more does than bucks but as ruth says its 1 of them things :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the same problem! One had a litter of 14 and only 2 were does! not good!! my first litter of argentes was 2 bucks. then my second litter 3 bucks and 2 does! its really pants. recently had a little more luck with amber's litter she had 13 and only 5 were bucks. but again my 2 week old babies are 3 bucks and a doe!!!!

really really pants!

vi xx

·
Registered
341 Posts
my hairless litters are ALWAYS buck heavy, last litter, one girl, and guess what, she had hair!!! bah.

my black tans are half and half, others are just a mish mash really,

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got one litter of 12 Mice which I have 3 females and the rest are male then another which I have 8 females and 3 male.

I also have Multis which I have 12 which are 8 female and 3 male.

I have one set of Multis 1 male 3 females and they have just gave birth to 20 do not know what sex yet.

The set of Multis that gave me the other 12 have just had another 8.

So I have a room full of babies at the moment :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
moonlight said:
Mark that is what the dad is, a black and tan
Your black and tan is related to Marks as well so there's the explanation there!!!!!
It's very a 'in-bred' line as well.

I'm getting buck heavy in most of my litters, be it naked/tans or longhaireds, could it be the temperatures at the moment???
I know temperature affects the sperm so maybe the 'little boy making' wigglies can survive better in the weather we are having??????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Carol said:
I've got one litter of 12 Mice which I have 3 females and the rest are male then another which I have 8 females and 3 male.

I also have Multis which I have 12 which are 8 female and 3 male.

I have one set of Multis 1 male 3 females and they have just gave birth to 20 do not know what sex yet.

The set of Multis that gave me the other 12 have just had another 8.

So I have a room full of babies at the moment :D
I wonder why your multi's are having such small litters????
Are they still very young???
Mine are giving me llitters of over 20 at a time.

I have a colony, 4.7, who had 3 litters at the same time and there were 65 babies.
The parents are now 4-5 months old as they tend not to breed until about 4 months anyway.
Again mine tend to be buck heavy with the multi's as well. it doens't really matter so much with them though as there are so many in a litter there are always enough does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts