Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone :)

we finally have babies, and theres millions of them :)

we brought 4 pregnant satin himi does that had been mated with a red satin buck.

the first doe gave birth on sunday and 1 has littered everyday up until wednesday.

mums are feeding the babies and themselves really well and ive managed to have a few sneaky peaks.

i tokk this pictures as im not really sure what colours to expect, i think theres a couple of blackish ones in there, but they have pink tunnies would that make them a tan?

anyway heres a pic sorry for the quality, its a pic of a pic as flash on my phone is too bright :)

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hm i know i havnt been brave enough to count them yet, i actually held a bubba yesterday :D

havnt taken any babies out yet as wasnt sure what colours im looking at and dont wanna get rid of anything that i didnt mean to if that makes sense :)

so any help on colours would be appreciated :) x

·
Registered
863 Posts
I know what you mean, problem with himi's is they are born practically white (or off-white) and develop their points as they get older, so its always hard to bring yourself to remove any!
same with siams, they get lighter with age!

can't help with colours myself, still learning to identify colours from a young age :oops:

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hm thats the problem im having,

some are just pink end of.

some are really black all over and some with a pink tummy.

and some are a burnt orange sort of colour

and some look to have slight patches?

help lol :) x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
The black ones are likely to be black or agouti, but since you have no idea about the genetics of the dad (red can carry just about anything) they could turn out to be something else too :lol: They won't be himalayan, siamese or red though if that helps you to decide.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can also follow by the red eyes too

·
Registered
982 Posts
I don't think you'll have any himis either as Dad's "pet" background doesn't have any himi or siamese only one thing is guaranteed, they will all be satin ;)

And I'm sure they'll all be lovely too whatever colours they are, not long to wait now :p

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If one parent is himalayan, she could get himalayan babies if the red also carries the albino (c) gene. Obviously it could carry absolutely anything if it hasn't been selectively bred for colour!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys ur confusing me lol :)

out of the litter is it likely ill have

himis
reds
blacks
agouti

and some inbetweeners lol x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is there any chance the really dark baby with white tummy would be a satin black fox? x

will try and get a pic later x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
x.leigh.amber.x said:
is there any chance the really dark baby with white tummy would be a satin black fox? x

will try and get a pic later x
All dark babies will have pink stomachs until they get a bit older and all the colour comes through properly. I think it's too soon to tell if you have a fox, and from the parents I'd say it's unlikely.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thats fair enough.

was just asking as a few have pink tummies and a few of the same size and age have darki tummies to match the rest of their body, just thought it was wierd that some were different, x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
right guys, ive just taken some new pics...

what u reckon :D

heres the bubbas in the nest

little black moo (her tummy is also black)

himi moo?

and a red moo

and a few having a cuddle

:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
all the belly thing is, is that it takes longer to show any colour on it.

cute :) can't wait till i have more pinkies now, i don't have many litters really.

Vi x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
more news, just checked bubbas again and 1 of the black babies tummies is starting to go a silvery white colour. :)

and theres also a very strange coloured one - it looks silvery dove colour, hes a lot grayer compared to the "himi" coloured ones :) x

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i know im just trying to work out there colours so i know what im looking at lol,
i think theyre totally adorable anyway - i love them no matter what colour they are, but i expect i would even if they all came out a sludgy brown lol.
just intrigued by the black witht he light tummy, x

1 - 20 of 40 Posts