Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pair of boys that I made. x)
The second one I'm pretty sure is just a broken brindle. But the first one is throwing me off a little. Is he just a different sort of broken brindle? Or is he something else?

Thanks!

First buck:

Second buck:

They both have beautiful black eyes. I love that their faces are both white! :)

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Both are broken brindles.
I dont think stripes have anything to do with how big they get.
Ive had heavily marked brindles get huge and same with unmarked and lightly marked brindles.
Brindles can come in several colors.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of my brindles are in the same colour range. Orange, tan, yellow, cream, gray, black, white. My buck (orange brown and black) doesn't put on any weight, but my females put it on, and take it off all the time. :p

· Registered
1,655 Posts
I had an unmarked PEW brindle buck and he was HUGE!
Most of my RY based brindles stay in the same weight range as my others, but sometimes I get a few that are huge.
My goal is to breed healthier brindles.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to make really nice broken brindles. And fortunately, my brindles so far haven't given me any extra trouble with their weight.

The does mostly just gain a good lump of weight when they're pregnant, but once they stop nursing, they'll shrink back down to normal size.
They father of these was a different brindle buck, than the one i have right now. I hope that the next litter will look nicer, and be even less likely to have weight problems. :)
The buck I plan to use this next breeding time, has really dark, and defined markings, and has never had weight problems. Here's hoping everything turns out good for both of us. :>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.