Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my current litter (Brindle X Fawn) I got 3 brindles, 1 fawn and 4 Im not real sure about (I'll make a post about them later)
Any ways I have 1 brindle that appears to have a fox belly and so does another from the litter.
The brindle that has the white belly does have 1 black stripe on it though.

I know Brindle is dominant to just about every gene,but I also know its not fully dominant over tan. I was just wondering, is it fully dominant over fox?
if I was to breed the brindle fox, am I likely to get fox or not?

I would rather work with Fox out of this breeding since I do have another brindle litter coming up.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense.
The buck of the litter looked to be agouti brindle, but the 3 brindles I have now are fawn based.
The doe is a fawn.

One of the babies I thought was solid fawn,but she now has a single black stripe on her back, does that make her a really poor brindle?
2 of the brindles have markings on their bellies and one doesnt.

I would like to get some more tans, so I need to breed my brindles without markings on their bellies right?

Before I started breeding brindles, everything said it was easy to do,but Im finding outs, its not always easy,lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.