Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be better to start a new thread for the photos since other people were also snapping away and will hopefully add theirs too...

Mice first!

Best Self, a red bred by Paul Threapleton

Best Marked and BOA, an even bred by **** Shutt

Creams being judged

Best Self (red) being judged

David Montgomery comparing two rumpwhites bred by me

Dave Bumford judging a cream satin

On to some people and the judging...

Heather McLean (Loganberry) and Phil Arnold (Seawatch)

Cait McKeown (MouseBreeder) and Heather McLean (Loganberry)

Watching the BIS judging

Lian (Rowangate) holding her F1 rumpwhite and Julie (julieszoo)

Dave Bumford judging satins

David Montgomery judging argentes

Don Parkinson judging BIS

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Those are really good pics!

I'm surprised at the shade of color on that the best self red who won. In my head, they need to be darker. We only have a few in the US but the ones I've seen are darker than that (though with poorer type).

BTW, I love your glasses. I have a similar (male) version. :D

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jack. The photos of the judging were just grabbed as and when I could, so getting a shot where a mouse was being held up was difficult, as they are constantly moving them around :lol:

The rumpwhites are great under as well, Ian, hopefully they will produce some good babies but of course there's no guarantee :roll: The even has won other awards too but personally I don't like the solid colour on the nose, I would have preferred a spot on either side.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Well good luck with it, rumpwhites can be so irritating in that way!

I see what you mean about the evens nose it would look good with two spots as it would continue the symetry,

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Now that you guys mention it, I can see how you'd say that about the even marked. When I first saw her I thought something looked strange but I couldn't figure out what. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I managed to escape photos except for one where you can see me in the background with my hubby (that's me with the pink hair).

I think the colour on the red is lovely though of course I've no idea if it's correct or not! I assume it must be to win best in section?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It may not be 100% accurate colour-wise in the photos but I was actually standing a fair distance away and snapping as the mouse was held this way and that, so it was on zoom. I did use a flash but I don't think that would have changed the colour too much from the distance that I was, however the red did look a little less orange in real life :p

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
For me, in the first pic, that looks like a bloody good Red! In the next pic of it though, it does look very bright orange! hehe

And I think if I was breeding even marked mice, and that one popped up in a litter, I would have wet myself! LOL
Though I can see what you mean about the symmetry... maybe it would have looked better with a black spot on its tail set to match the nose! Or is that not allowed?

Willow xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts