Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for another thread about sexing but I´ve been trying to sex mine 4 times now and they are 2 weeks old now.
The babies are so wiggly I just put them in a plastic cup that is very see through, turn on a lamp and look on the bottom or the side to see their bottoms.
The results have changed and I am not sure what to think.

1) 5 does and 5 bucks
2) 5 does and 5 bucks
3) 4-5 does and 5-6 bucks
4) 6 does, 1 buck and 3??

Those last three have rather short length between the parts but still the private parts (what should I call it haha) looks bigger or more outside than the does (like on a boy)....which one could they be?

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
some do have bigger 'stumpy' bit than others.Hairless does in particular.You could get a good magnifying glass to enlarge everything.

·
Registered
623 Posts
it is possible to get mice which exhibit both male and female organs- and all possible combinations therof. the odd one is fine, be a bit unusual to get a few in one litter though. Old name in the fancy for them was wiljahs !- only good for pets obviously.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still can´t see any nipples :-/ but have to look harder next time I check. Now I checked out the three I was not sure of and I tink it´s one doe and two bucks so the total is 7 does and 3 bucks....could I be that lucky :mrgreen:
perhaps I should photograph them and post here to be shure. 6 out of 10 are also satin....I don´t beleave it :mrgreen: too happy

·
Registered
834 Posts
i'd photo them and check just to be sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts