Pet Mice Forum banner

Blank bottoms? sexing

2238 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  countrygall721
I was going to sex my litter but one litter looked like they had noting down there kind of :lol: :shock:
Their private parts are so smooth, usially I can see the males have more prominent parts even at smaller babies, can they all be just does? or bucks with really really really small/flat private parts? :p
I can麓t possibly have 11 does!
Here are photos of a few, most or all look like this:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

The whole bunch
See less See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I see your concerns, mice which dont develop are reasonably common, however you seem to have a whole litter there, all you can do is see what happens, pick a representative from the litter and post more phots in a few days.
That is really weird. they should have clearly visable parts from day 1. . .

Definitely get update pictures in the next few days. And watch them to make sure they can pee properly!
I had two in a litter recently that looked like that. I ended up culling them yesterday (8 days old) as they just were not developing. The one looked like a pinky with fur she was so tiny but your lot looks to be rather healthy.
if you breed a few mice you will often get the odd one that does this, we used to call them "willyahs"-i.e will you or wont you be a male/fmale- always bad news, - if that makes you feel any better !
I'll be back. said:
if you breed a few mice you will often get the odd one that does this, we used to call them "willyahs"-i.e will you or wont you be a male/fmale- always bad news, - if that makes you feel any better !
Never heard that one before!
I麓ll take photos next weekend (in 3-4 days). They seem to be thriving just fine, hope they still and this will be ok.
your mice seem lovely and healthy, it is common in all forms of life, including Humans.I have never known it to cause health problems in mice.
They are such lovely little things! They don't look stunted to me. Give 'em a chance to develop.
if there are no problems yet, I don't foresee there being any problems later. If their genitals were under-developed, then it would have caused problems by now. But they seem healthy.
Check for tiny little nipple always a sure way to sex. It's not impossible to have a litter of does, I'm sure we have all had a full litter of bucks at one time or another!
Rhasputin said:
if there are no problems yet, I don't foresee there being any problems later. If their genitals were under-developed, then it would have caused problems by now. But they seem healthy.
Exactly what I was thinking, that麓s why I wasn麓t worried but still wanted to ask to be sure. They seem very healthy and happy...just with strange bottoms :oops:
But it will be interesting to see how this develops
ian said:
Check for tiny little nipple always a sure way to sex. It's not impossible to have a litter of does, I'm sure we have all had a full litter of bucks at one time or another!
When do the nipples show?
I was looking for nipples but saw none. But I麓ve done that before and a few days later I saw litters on the does so perhaps I just have to wait a little longer. Don麓t remember how old the babies were when I saw the nipples first.
Well it seems as they are starting to develop down stairs :mrgreen: only one or two look kind of flat now instaid of everyone.
I am defently curious to see if they develop!
It's very different thanks for sharing! Never hurd or seen this before :?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.