Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i am after any advice on what i can use to get my black and choc fox
does preg without killing / spoiling the line as the buck will not do his job no matter how many time i take him out for a few days and put him back

paul

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Chinchilla can be used as a very careful outcross to black fox, but it's better if you have a tan-based (A/at) chinchilla as opposed to a white-bellied chinchilla (Aw/Aw).

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I wouldn't use chinchilla, that is a very cool gene true, but very annoying to have keep cropping up if you don't want it.
And I have been told its hard to get rid of once its in there.

If you have any good self black bucks use them, then save the best tan son. Thats what i'd do anyways =o)

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
More than welcome dear :D

I love your mice, if you ever have any spare satins one day, chuck em my way! LOL

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I've seen pics on here, and wasn't it you that Leigh got a bunch of mice from the other day?
Apologies if i'm wrong, but i'm sure she said harlequin stud.

Willow xx

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
But black fox has chinchilla in it anyway? I think I'm misunderstanding something...

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Yup I was there... lol

Those cream satins were to die for, I especially loved the buck, he was so handsome! And the Argente were GORGEOUS :D

Willow xx

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi willow dragon

well if you fancy doing a swap of any mice
sometime in the future then give us a shout as i have
a mate that comes to enfield

what types do you keep and what will you have avial next ??

paul

·
Registered
96 Posts
How about getting your buck a nice smoking jacket and cravat; providing your does with a few items from Agent Provocateur; laying on some champagne and oysters and piping in a little of Serge Gainsbourg's 'Je t'aime' into the cage - or am I going about this mouse breeding business all wrong!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Mice like Barry White... :D

The only varieties I am breeding at the moment are pale self satins and lilacs, but i have had problems over and again with my satins and my lilacs are only just getting onto gen2 and I had to start from scratch due to it being an unpopular variety, so I really don't have anything I can part with right now!

My lilac lines are sorted in my head, but i will really need more mice to supplement my satin lines in the months to come.
Unfortunately I am working over the next couple of show dates, but I will be able to get to the Summer Cup in July at Enfield.

Wxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.