Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using this pump by Innovations

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Innovations-121897-Ultraflate-Plus-Pump/dp/B00064BSHO/ref=pd_cp_sg_1

BUT the last twice I've used it, it's leaked all over my fingers. Luckily I haven't been burnt or anything but the gas has (not surprisingly) escaped far too quickly and is therefore not terribly cost effective :?

The only problem or fault I can find with the pump itself is the lock facility (little red push up/down button) won't work so as I insert a new cartridge the gas is already escaping.

Has anyone else had this problem with this pump??

I'm looking at this one now and considering buying it, has anyone used this one? I'm not sure looking at it how I'd attach a hose??

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/112-460273

Ideally I would prefer a tap-cylinder so I could contol the output better because the trigger/s are a little jumpy, can anyone reccomend anything for me to look at please??

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm not familliar with what you are using, but does it have an o-ring? If it does, it may be worn out. We use CO2 in paintball, and if the o-ring wears out it starts to leak.

Oh and this is what I use:

It's simply a CO2 cylinder used for paintball, and it's been attached to the chamber with a remote line (also for paintball). The little silver thing on top of the cylinder is what I use to release the gas; I slowly twist it down and it hits the top of the cylinder and slowly releases the gas out the remote line. The more I tighten it, the more CO2 comes out, so I can control exactly how much I want going out. Very easy to use.

·
Registered
94 Posts
An o-ring is simply a little black ring, they usually go around the cylinder, at the top where the gas comes out. There may be others elsewhere, as I said I am not familliar with the items you are using. They can wear out really fast, sometimes for no apparent reason, and some can last for ages with tons of abuse :lol: They're really cheap to buy at any hardware store though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Having another look at those pumps, and where the trigger is, I highly doubt it is an o-ring...you'll have to wait for Dom or someone else that is familliar with this pump.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is the one I bought. I had a problem where the gas escaped to quickly when I pushed the trigger only a little.
Frighten the poor mouse.
Maybe I should get a different one too? :?
I only bought it because it was the same one in the 'how to make a chamber' thread.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
The reason I use the one that i use is it was cheap :lol: to buy a cylinder and a slow release tap is in excess of £50. Maze if you do get another like the one pictured above please let us know where you get the parts and how much it costs.

Noami, it sounds like the pump maybe faulty, you do need to screw it on hard and fast because the pin pierces the canister when you screw it in. That second pump you have pictured will be very hard to attach a pipe, I had a look at it in the shop and its designed to clip on to the valve bit of a inner tube.

·
Registered
304 Posts
since I had a second go with mine it seems fine, I havent had any leaking at all anyway and now I know how much
pressure to use it works okay :) maybe yours is faulty, as dom mentioned. couldnt you try taking it back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts