Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued Beryl a few weeks ago from work - her sister beat her up then she was attacked by the next group of females we tried to bond her with :?

As we (technically) can not sell a single degu I got to adopt her :lol:

I have got to the bottom of the problem and it's quite simple really, she doesn't think she's a degu at all she's quite convinced she's a human being :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Aw Degu's are so cute. I have never had one before, but I have heard that they are in the US because they once used them as 'lab' animals for diabetic research because they are 'prone' or usually have diabeties commonly

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think all degus are diabetic which is why they need a special diet, they're cute, but theres a lot of horror stories about them :(

I for one would not like to get bitten by one, and its always put me off, i have worked with them though and they're great little animals :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beryl got a friend yesterday, I had another cage all set up ready to sit them next to each other and introduce over the next few days and weeks but Beryl leapt into Bash's cage then he leaped into hers and that's where they're been snuggled up ever since it's really been the sweetest thing ever - anyway here is (the enormous) Bash getting a welcome kiss from (tiny) Beryl

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
julieszoo said:
LOL Naomi, Beryl did not even stay single long enough for me to reply to your thread ;)
quote]

Tee hee :lol: But remember Beryl has been pretty much on her own for about 8 months now having been beaten up by her original "sister" (or litter mate we don't know) and then another few goos gave her a good going over too poor thing, Bash is the only goo who hasn't beaten her up :cool:

To be quite honest I wasn't hugely happy with the re-introduction process she was put through I would have done things differently and perhaps then she'd have a female companion. But Bash will be neutered so he can live with his hareem of wife and daughters and I plan on keeping the boys from their litter in a seperate cage so 2 goo clans for me :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.