Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have finally decided which colours to concentrate on and we are going to stick with BE Creams and Silvers. Hopefully with some satin in both colours too ;)

The first litter from our BE Creams have just arrived but, unfortunately the only two does are PE. Would you use them in the breeding program for BE or let them go and just hope the next litter brings some BE does ??

The first silver litter is due any day !! How exciting :D

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Depends which breeder you talk to - some keep them and some don't. I show cream satins and have done well with them and I keep PE does sometimes for what it's worth - it's up to you though. Where did you get your foundation stock from? (nosy me!)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Cait the pink eyed ones that come out of be creams - are they pe whites or pe creams?

Jake gave me SO MUCH information at Honley I have to admit I didn't really take it all in so I don't know if he said resultant pe's were pew's or pec's - he keeps his (obviously not all of them) but I don't know if he uses them in his be cream breeding, if they are pew's would you keep them to keep the colour pale and not stone-ish??

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
If they come from creams some will be PEW and some will be PE cream genetically (c/c or ce/c). Colour-wise though they may not be 'white enough' to be shown as a PEW, although sometimes they can be and win. If you breed them back into the creams they can as you say stop them becoming too dark. So you might breed a PE to a stone to get a cream, for example. I don't keep as many stones and only does, so I do also mate PE does to cream bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts