Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My name is Matt and I'm a new forum admin, mainly technical stuff though.

As you may have noticed the Forum has a shiny new banner, made with pictures kindly donated by sunshine, thank you.

If you want to add the banner to your signature in other forums then you can get the image from

by adding this code in a forum

This also creates a link to the forum from the image. IMO excellent advertising!

:)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Wonderful!

This is a technical question. Is the banner transparent, or does it just blend with the rest of the board? As someone who tried to design another forum's banner, I know how hard it can be to blend the colors! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it blends my friend.

just use the themes current background image, manipulate for size etc and layer over whatever you want (e.g text images), save as a seperate image, then code into the site's script in the right place. This way it overlays perfectly.

glad you like it.

:)

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
it's really good! i'm making it my RFUK signature :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the new banner!

If people are using it in their forum signatures elsewhere, might it be worth making a smaller version too? I'm sure the banner exceeds the size limit for signature images, on the other forums I'm a member of ;]

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good idea, thanks, i've not had a prob so far. if you can tell me the dimensions you need i can do a resized image.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Matt, I think your sig is distorting the forum - I have to scroll right to see everything on topics you have posted. Would you mind making it a bit smaller?

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I've had the same problem a couple of times, but then it went away all by itself. I don't understand there things, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts