Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I rescued a baby mouse from a pet store that was there to be a feeder, I just felt so bad because they had no mother. So I read online and watched a couple of videos on how to take care of the baby without a mother. [I have mice already but they are kept separate from the baby]

My question is, it said to clean the baby off with a damp Qtip after feeding it with an eyedropper, the baby already has fur and I did that. I apparently used too much water or something because the fur didn't look like it was drying when I used a dry Qtip. It's a couple hours later and it looks like its little white fur is stuck to its skin or something. :shock:

I'm about to feed baby again but I don't know what I should do to fix it's fur, because I don't want it to get cold or anything [it had a nice bed but I just want to be safe] and I want to make sure it's fur grows in right. so please if you have any helpful tips or anything please post!

Sara

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not experienced in hand feeding mice but I am in rabbits :lol: I normally just wet the tip of my pinkie and give them a wee rub while holding them in my hand so bum is down the way so wee runs off. I would just give a rub with cotton wool to dry it off after next feed and wee. Also dont forget you must try to get them to have bowel movements also so rub bottom also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Yeah you have to rub it's stomach to help with digestion then its "parts" to stimulate and help it go. I'll try it again this morning, I'm going to feed it in like five minutes, I just hope its fur sticks back up because in those spots it looks bald. :!: :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts