Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 babies are nearly weeks old now. One of them started looking hunched and sneezing a few days ago but is still alive and running around and then this morning when i looked in on them another one is looking hunched and they're all sneezing! I dont know what to do. If i go to the vet with all of them its gonna cost a fortune plus my vet has no idea what to do with mice. I've taken all wood shavings away in case that had something to do with it but they seem worse every time i check on them. Im worried im gonna lose all the babies. They're still running around and eating and drinking, is there anything i can do?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Poor you! I dont know what to suggest except make sure they are in a warm room with know draughts, you could try giving extra bedding for mum to sort out. Where do you keep them? Perhaps a spray or something is aggrevating them? Is mum okay or is she the same? Other than that I dont know, If your vet would have know idea then I wouldnt bother going and wasting your money.

i hope someone else can come up with something more concrete for you ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're kept on top of a cabinet in the lounge, its the only place thats safe from my cat. There's never anything sprayed in there and its a warm room. Mum is fine but my other female mouse (seperate tank) has had the same kind of thing since i got her. She sneezes alot and sometimes looks hunched but she carries on ok and seems fine in herself. I have no idea what to do.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
If they were mine I would cull them.However I understand not all want or can do this.I have some spare antibiotics,baytril
(which is what your vet would most likely give you).They were recently prescribed for my very elderly parrot who I'm afraid couldn't be saved.Nothing to loose by the sounds of it.I will gladly post them to you if you want to try and save them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be really great, shall i email you my address?
I would consider culling but have no means to do it. Im not a breeder, i was accidently sold a boy and 2 girls rather than 3 girls so ended up with babies which to be honest has been nothing but trouble! I would love to save them obviously but without sounding too harsh, i didnt want a litter of babies and cant afford to spend alot taking them all to the vet. Would very much appreciate your spare antibiotics.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
send me your address and they will be in the post tomorrow.At least you will have tried as I did with my parrot but at the end of the day not everything can be saved.They are liquid so you will need a very small syringe and they are ready to use no need to mix with water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts