Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dam: Silver Astrex
Sire: Argente Astrex

They're the biggest babies I have EVER bred! There were only 5 in the litter, mum wasn't big when she was about to give birth, so I think she gave birth to a small litter, instead of culling a huge load.
They're 6 days at the moment, and you can just about see their curls comming through :D

4 days old:

Today:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I'll keep you all updated, taking pictures every (few) days so you can see their fur and curls comming through etc :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
OMG OMG OMG have you any idea HOW much i've been after an astrex!!!!! you quite clearly need to move closer to me :( they're gorgeous xx

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
miss.understood
Where do you live? If you're in the UK then we may be able to figure something out :D
I'm after a few more, because at the moment I only have 3 does and 1 buck. I'm planning to improve the curls :)

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zany_toon said:
And look at the little curly whiskers :love1
Hehe I know!! I'm having a look at them again today, and i'll take a picture if they've noticably changed :) Would love to take a pic now but it's a bit too cold at the moment. Summer? What summer? :p

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
7 days old:

I think there's 2 Argente, 1 silver, 1 dove and 1 PEW
All of them are female!!

To give you some idea how big they are, the lenght of my hand from wrist to finger tip is 7 1/2 inches. (perfect for piano!)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Argente? is that the one i like?
Would be awesome if we could arrange somehow to get one up here for me!....i have 43 babies here at the moment, so if we could arrange something, you can take your pick if you'd like any of mine (except for my baby boy siamese....as i think Art would hunt me down and kill me! :lol: )

·
Registered
834 Posts
yeah i'd hunt you down hehe mine how can you tell they are astrex if you dont mind me asking the line down the babys backs? like the hair line am i making sence ?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
9 days old:

From left to right
Pew Standard, Silver Heterozygous Astrex, (Dove) Heteroygous Astrex, 2x Argente Homozygous Astrex

The curl difference between the Heterozygous and Homozygous

Baby with the best curls

Homozygous

Heterozygous

Astrex is a dominant gene. They have curly fur when they're young, and the curls drop as adults which sometimes leaves the coat with a slight wave. In Homozygous form the curls are tighter and stronger than that of Heterozygous mice. Their Parents were both Heterozygous, hence why there is a standard in the mix. Their mother and father both have slight curls left.
Dam (This picture was taken when I first got her- most of the curls have dropped now):

Sire(His curls still look like this):

Hope i've helped! Sorry if i've worded it in a way that's difficult to understand, I can simplify it if anyone wants :)

Art, I would never do such a thing :p
miss.understood, if I get this job I'll save up to trade mice :) maby meet half way? Yes it's the Argente that you like :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
lovely babys very curly i like :) thanks for telling me about the coat type its not something i've looked into

1 - 20 of 85 Posts