Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My argente doe gave birth to 8 kittens some time in the night, so my first mouse litter has arrived! Will post pictures in a couple of days.

The doe I had bred originally sadly had to be euthanised due to failing health, so this litter is from her half sister Jenny and the same buck.

Yay!

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The babies are now a week old and all furry :) I've taken out 3 argente bucks and the mum ate a doe at 3 days, so I now have 1 dove doe, 1 dove buck, 2 champagne bucks and 1 pale anonymous. I'm very happy. I'll take pics and post them over the weekend - I forget to get batteries for the camera today.

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look paler and greyer in real life, the flash has really saturated them. I wanted to get a picture in daylight today, but Jenny stubbornly sat on them until it got dark. The bottom middle one is a deep, even bluey-grey, and the two either side are a soft pastel yellow. The three argentes I culled were a proper dark orange, nothing like these guys. They could be champagne agouti? The top left is greyer but does have a hint of brown, and the top right has, for some reason, come out the right colour.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but I'm too impatient! I want to know NOOOOW! LOL

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh they are beautiful, will post pics later or tomorrow. You were right Cait, the two bucks I thought were champagne are in fact a champagne agouti (has yellow tips and a champagne undercoat) and a very pale, silvery argente (has yellow tips and a pale blue undercoat). And I have two beautiful mid-grey doves (a buck and a doe, yay!) and one buck I think is silver - he is very pale with a definite icy blue cast. Could be dove though. They are such friendly babies, they crawl right up my arm at feeding time :)

Sarah xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.