Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i crossed a black broken male with 2 hairless females.

The first female produced these plus 3 blacks.

Are these blues? At first i though they were blue tan but they now seem to have a patch of white on thier stomachs.

If they are blue great because then ive finally got blues :D although it was random pop up lol

I did out cross my hairless to dove tan at one point could this have affected it.

And what colour are these Abyssians? They look agouti but they arent as dark and almost seem to have a bit of blue in them.

Hmmm

Look like really nice both male, what would be the best to put them too to get more of this colour? back to siblings/mother im guessing would be best as i dont have any other mice this colour.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The first ones looks like quite pale blues to me. The abys are harder, I havent seen a blue agouti before, and the movement of the hair shows up the brown elements. I really though they looked like chinchillas when I just glanced!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ian said:
The first ones looks like quite pale blues to me. The abys are harder, I havent seen a blue agouti before, and the movement of the hair shows up the brown elements. I really though they looked like chinchillas when I just glanced!
well ive never seen a blue agouti before so havent a clue what ones looks like im just putting both varities together in my head lol

i have to say they do look a little more chin to me now you and paul have said it.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
The aby looks like a roan to me. Either that or some kind of silvered of chinchillated color. Is the white on the belly a distinct spot or does the color kind of blend at the sides. The babies look like diluted blue to me.

·
Banned
82 Posts
hi mark

they look like a pale blue to me but they may get darker as they get older fingers crossed mate but we can always get them darker in a couple of gens

as for the abs i think it is or should a say looks like it has some kind of chin in
it possible some kind of dilute gen

paul

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have 3 abys that are the same colour.

2 of them seem to have white on their bellies and the other one is the same colour under as it is on top.

I think the blues look better lighter but thats just my opinion lol if they need to be darker how would i achieve this ? i dont have any over blues but i do have some self black does.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Mischievous_Mark said:
2 of them seem to have white on their bellies and the other one is the same colour under as it is on top.

I think the blues look better lighter but thats just my opinion lol if they need to be darker how would i achieve this ? i dont have any over blues but i do have some self black does.
Do they have completely white bellies or is it white spotting? What are the parents?

As for the blues, a good black would improve the shade, though you if you intend to show them I doubt you can improve them enough to win anything - blues are a difficult variety to start with. I'd advise you to get some show stock and go from there.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know the aby parents its getting harder and harder to keep track of them all but im guessing going by teh ages it will have been

Buck = Agouti Tan
Doe = Either fawn or argente.

As for the blues i dont intend to show them i just like them lol.

I did at one point want to breed and show blues but ive settled of the varities i want to show ( i think lol )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts