Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Mari and I am located in Michigan, USA. I've been checking this forum out for a bit now and have decided to make it 'official'. lol Everyone here seems really great and seems to have a lot of the same values and ideas about their fancy mice as well as other pets as I do.

I have had mice on and off for years. I got back into them again about a year ago. I started with a trio (a broken black/tan buck, a red/black American brindle doe, and a PEW doe) and I decided to start a small pet-breeding program and to use the pinkies that I cull to supplement the diet of my Leopard Geckos, which I also breed. I take very good care of my mice and by no means regard them as 'feeders'. They are my beloved little pets. I just see no reason to waste the babies that I need to remove for my does' well being. I know some people are sensitive to this issue, however it seems many here are very understanding about this. One of the big reasons I think this is the place for me. ;) I don't take it lightly, by any means! I now have in the neighborhood of about 30 mice! :lol:

As mentioned above, I also breed many different morphs of Leopard Geckos (Enigmas, Mack Snows, Raptors, Tremper Albinos/Giants, Tangerines, etc.). I'm up to about 60 of them right now, as it's hatching season. ;) I also have 6 dogs atm. One of my passions is showing Great Danes (harlequins and mantles) in conformation and I am also active in rescue. I currently have 2 fosters. A blue bitch that we rescued in January and a black bitch pup from a litter that she had 9 days after rescuing her. Add to the managerie 6 cats that I rescued and bottle-fed as babies, some freshwater and marine fish, and one very understanding fiance and I think that about sums it up! :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank u everyone! Yeah, my critters keep me pretty busy. It would be a boring life without them, certainly! ;)

I was always the child that my Mom would have to check my pockets on coming into the house as they were always full of frogs, turtles, snakes, and whatever else I could find and try to bring home and keep! lol My poor Mom! I'm certain she's glad I have my own house now! :lol:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, everyone, for being so kind and welcoming! This is such a great, informative forum with so many wonderful, knowledgable people that are more than happy to help! I'm so glad I found it! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts