Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....who I really should name!! Something beginning with J please?! She's an argente brindle (dad was argente - had noone else for mum to go with at the time!)

still havn't managed to make the BG pure white all the way over the pic! ah well, not important for pics like this i suppose :)

Vi x

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes I belive it is Willow.

They don't just come in this colour. ones I've seen are mainly fawn or champagne. But Jamba is argente, and I think there certainly is the potential for more colours, but the variety as a whole needs more stength in numbers I think.
As people in the Cavy fancy argue, don't mess about with a variety untill what exsists is good enough.

Vi x

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I haven't yet seen a dark eyed sex linked brindle... Is it connected to the PE gene somehow, or is it just because it hasn't been bred in a dark eyed variety yet (Or at least, i haven't seen a pic anywhere)

Willow xx

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no idea, but I'd guess that the PE gene has nothing to do with it, maybe it's just that us that breed them prefer PE? (I do!) again, the arguement of putting up with what you've got till theres enough to start messing around with comes into play...do we want to make DE ones when there are so few around? Might we be so involved in playing around with colours and eye colours and coat types that we forget that the originals needed working on? (though Jan seems to be having lots of luck with them now!!)

Vi x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I've had black eyed brindles and so have SarahC and Jan. However, the pattern doesn't show well on darker coats and fades out with age, or at least did on mine so that you could hardly see she was marked at all. Sarah has reds so that is one way to get around the dark coat issue - the black, chocolate and blue don't really work very well.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
nearly all my brindles are black eyed now.Mainly red which are very attractive.I also have cinnamons which don't make attractive brindles but I use them for breeding.Jan used to have blue brindles but they don't brindle very attractively at all either.It's all in the contrast of colours as to how they appear.Red tiger stripes on a pale back ground is beautiful and the beady black eyes stand out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just a peice of A3 paper, but I do have a rather expensive camera and flash gun which gives the lighting, without the gear it wouldn't look so - if i do say so myself - impressive.

Vi x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.