Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had one of my does with a buck for the last 5 days and tonight I tried to put her back in the doe colony and she's picking fights with everyone when she never used to have a problem. Is this a fairly common problem after removing does for breeding will she settle down and leave everyone alone or will I have to keep her separate? I don't know if it makes a difference but I had cleaned the cage out hoping to avoid an issue. Tonight I put her in a cage by herself after she wouldn't settle down with even just one other doe and I might try again tomorrow but I don't want to stress them out by playing musical cage. But any tips or suggestions would be helpful I really prefer to keep them in pairs if possible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have does get snippy with each other occasionally after putting them back together. They just have to re-establish who is lead doe. If they dont seem to settle after some time you may try a drop of real vanilla on each nose and rear of all the ladies in the cage. That seems to work fairly well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.