Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jasmine (my chocolate tan doe who I bred with Remy my Himy buck) gave birth to her litter today!!!! Strangely she gave birth at around 3 o'clock in the afternoon (I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, esp not in the day!)! I saw her layed out after lunch, i think it was a bit hot for her today. Then around 3pm I heard some squeaks - all was peaceful in the girls tank so I presumed it was the boys having a squabble in their house as they sometimes do. After tea I went to give Jasmine some fresh water and top up her food and she came out to see me, looking like she did pre-pregnancy! Then I heard some little squeaks from within the nest could see little pinkies wriggling. Jasmine seems quite relaxed and came to me to get a bit of bread soaked in milk. I've not been able to count the babies yet as I don't want to disturb the nest. I will try to have a count tomorrow if Jasmine still seems relaxed.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congratulations!! I cant wait to see pictures (hint hint XD)....
What colours can you expect?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've counted the babies today - there are just 5, quite a small litter. I'm hoping that neither Jasmine or Primrose (who is in as a nanny) have eaten any :?
Two of the babies look to have black eyes under the skin, the other three look to have pink/red eyes.
As for colours, I tried to work it out and i think i might get some black tans and himy/siamese tans (though i understand they are fox instead). Also possibility that the red eye may dilute black to give dove???
My husband took some good pics, i'll get them uploaded as soon as I get chance :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts