Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've said before I'm a crap photographer so here goes. I've done my best so that you can see the length of fur.

I have a few with fur this long so I'm breeding them together to see how long I can get it.
This one is also satin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Texels...Again more to show the coat than the mouse.

Blue boy

Dove marked doe

Dove baby

blue boy again

Blue boys Dad...light agouti boy

Blue boys Mam...Blue agouti doe

Again

Coloured rump buck...3/4 weeks old.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,

I have some that are reallylong haired.
The young in the litter from these these two longhaired and a SH banded fawn are very longhaired but I cna't get any pics of them at the moment as they are like 'Zebedee'!!!!!!
I'll try and get some pics in a more normal stance but these are very jumpy mice. I dont' know if it's becuase they are argente or not????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With these the long hair is apparent by about the 14-16th day.
Some of my 'not so longhaired' can take a little longer to notice though.

I've foudn the litters are not as strong as the normal litters so I take them down to about 4-5 at the stage I can tell they have long hair. This gives the longhaired pups a better chance of growing to a reasonable size.
I do the same with the astrex and texel. Unfortunately you have to wait a little longer to cull than you would normally but it makes for better pups. If you keep an entire litter they are usually runty little things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.