Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have decided that i am going to start breeding and possibly showing my own fancy pet mice. Can anyone suggest somewhere I can buy some mouse breeding cages ?
Thanks
ash

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I use Marchioro Aquazoo 16s or similar for a lot of my mice, you might want to look into those. If you're more practical you could make your own from storage boxes like the RUBs thread in this section :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
MouseBreeder said:
I use Marchioro Aquazoo 16s or similar for a lot of my mice, you might want to look into those. If you're more practical you could make your own from storage boxes like the RUBs thread in this section :)
Out of curiosity, do you need to modify the aquazoo tanks to present a water bottle?

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Blimey Daisy I don't bother with that, just attach the wire inside the lid and have the water bottle lying down. Then you can store the cages any way you want! Just looking for a photo for you :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
This photo isn't a Marchioro tank but you can see what I mean about the bottle lying along the ceiling with the wire through the holes to hold it in place. Makes life a lot easier!

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I have my bottles like that and they work fine. The only thing is that you have to remember that if the bottle is less than half full the mouse can't get any water out because the spout is in the middle. Strangely, that didn't occur to me the first time I put a bottle like that, but the mouse was fine so no harm done.

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
No more trouble with the ballbearing than when it's the normal way up, no. Although they still manage to almost empty the bottles so that half full thing isn't strictly true... but if you can best to tilt them at a slight angle just in case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts