Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bluebell, a satin marked doe, had these little ones who are now about a week old. I'm hoping Bonnie, another blue doe in the same tank, conceived before Adamant died. there are a couple of nicely marked babies in this litter.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was a busy boy for the last five months; I haven't sat down yet and counted all the offspring he produced. I checked last night in my records, and he was 11 mo. old. I have had health problems in my tri lines, with many early deaths, especially young bucks. Adamant was four and a half mo. old when I starting using him for stud, and I think he was paired off for all but a few weeks after that.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I'm watching eagerly to see if one of them is expecting another litter.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Aww!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a really good job i live so far away from yo umoustress (as in another country away :lol:) because if there wasn't an ocean between us i would be planning a mouse napping adventure :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love your tricolours :D
Beautiful combinations in diffrent colours :)
We will have this year tris in Poland, two breeders are working on to get them from splasheds and probably our German and Czech friends will also help us :cool:
But personally I have enough varieties in my stud, so that's not for me :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! :)

Splashed are included when I use the term tri. They all come from the same gene, it just behaves different depending on which c locus dilutions and marking genes are present. Tricolours are just a specific combination that results in the recognized standard of pure patches of three different shades on a white background, ideally without any brindling or mixing of other shades in the patches.

As a standard goes, it's fairly challenging. You can see most of mine have some degree of splashing and smearing. Even when you breed two mousies that meet that standard, you may not get offspring that meet that standard.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These babies are about a month old now.

The boys in this litter go to separate quarters tonight, as they are already carrying their 'nads in the 'locked and loaded' position.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts