Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XD Remi dropped last night. I didn't even know (her box is in my room XD) until my OH investigated the source of some squeaking while I wasn't looking. Apparently the bubbas are hyuge. First count seemed to imply four though, but he put everything back very quickly and left them be. I can hear them eeping away still, though ^^.

I can investigate at three days, right? *can't wait.* If its only four, she'll still be able to feed them, right? Should I look and make sure? *sits on hands.*

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're fine, me thinks. Can still hear them squeaking now. I am resisting the temptation to look. I am incredibly jealous of the OH though.

Mummy mouse is going a little nuts. She's not skittish, just active. I keep finding her gnawing bars. The OH put his hand in earlier to do her food and she practically leapt on him, LMAO, so she went for a little trip to a box with a wheel in for five minutes, and then back. Don't want to dsturb her too much, but she is crazy mouse.

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hee hee, I just did that. I had to satisfy my curiousity too, and weighed them really fast. Moslty 2.2g.

Ha ha. Four. Ha ha ha.

Only... eight short XD. We have 12 of the little squeakers. I think I'm going to print off the sexing photos and try and weed out some boysies tommorrow. Although I'm not sure if I'm allowed any more :lol:. Nanny is a nightmare though. She's really good, especially as Mum is having a bit of an energetic moment, but as soon as the box lid comes off she shoots into the nest and stands guard. The OH scooped her out this morning to no ill effect, so I just cross my fingers she gets the message and calms down.

Photos! Please, any ideas about what colours these might turn out?

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

^^. Every one of the litter is either self black or black and tan o.o. They have varying degrees of white patches, but some of them look really good. I love the last one, with the white tip on his tail.

Yeah, we still have twelve -_-. Neither of us could bring ourselves to take it down. We have a 6/6 split of boys and girls, with most of the boys being black tans and most of the girls being self black. I have two tiny runts, both girls, and four massive bruiser boys.

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alrighty, I took some better photos today :3. Here they be, by group;

Here's the four Bruiser Boys, the biggest fat ones. They're all brown and tan, with shiny golden bellies (I suspect satins). You can just about see the colour of them here. I don't know whether they're chocolate or sable yet, though.

These are the other two boys, both self blacks. The one with the white tip is Haruka, who I think we're keeping. These guys are smaller than their bruiser brothers, lol.

The four black self girls. One of these is staying here too, I reckon. One's as big as her bruiser brothers, but the other three range in size down to little.

And the last two girls, the runts. I think these two are going to be the same colour as the Bruisers.

Group pic. They lined themselves up on the towel all by themselves, lmao.

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just fine :3. They opened their eyes today. Haruka managed to climb his way to the floor without either of us noticing - we only found him when he tried to creep over the top of a carrier bag. XD

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I do, indeed. I took these of the sables today specially ;).

I'm still not certain of the satins, but I am pretty darn sure now. The one who doesn't have a shiny belly is very different, and they look like their father who is satin. :3. One of the boys crawled into a pillow case and got sat on, but he's still fine :?. And one doesn't have the very very tip to his tail, but its hardly noticeable.

Taking photos at this age is very hard :lol:

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Eugh, so I spent the last four hours coralling and eventually capturing Mortimer, the second little black boy. -_-. He didn't find a home, so he's decided he needed a name. Don't ask. Anyway, little monster springboarded off of my hand onto the floor and has evaded capture for four hours.

He's fine now. -_-;

Anyway, I took some video of them all. Still got all 12. Ignore the terrible sounds and shaking from my hands etc etc etc.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Ka ... 280435.flv

They are coming along pretty well, I think. And apart from liking the floor, they're really quite tame XD. Morti is just a pain in the butt. They have a thing about licking fingers though, be warned.

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You named my carefully bred sables after the chipmunks?! :shock: :eek:

Lol, no. I used to love that cartoon till I realised just how irritating the voices are XD.

Interestingly all of my black girls are going to a pet home from AAM. So few breeders post on there now that when I posted my thread of photos, they sold themselves. I did get in a row though, so its not always worth the hassle XD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.