Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a pic right NOW, but she is dark black with shiny fur. Her belly is a little lighter (still black, but a lighter black).

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Its so very hard to tell if a black is satin furred. I have had several that definately were and they *did* have lighter shiny tummies.

Willow xx

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. I really would like to know, because if she is, I'll breed her for my first litter instead of my banded female (if she is banded. She has one stripe near her butt and she is a light brownish.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Have a look at her belly, especially her armpits. That will be where you will be able to see the satin fur best since she is a dark colour. If she is satin it will gleam (not just a healthy sheen) and have a sort of metallic quality, if she's not satin it will look matt.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, now I am 70% sure she is a satin, but my brother was the one who looked. He thinks she has that metallic sheen. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Is that true??? If so, why? What does the satin coat have to do with tooth enamel colour? (goes to inspect her satins :lol: )

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
You know what the hardest thing in the world to do is? Look at a mouses top set of teeth :roll: lol

I checked my non satin blue boy, and his top set is yellowish, but i only managed a very quick peek of my silver satin boys teeth, and they did seem lighter, but I can't be sure!! =o/ lol

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Wait until they fall asleep against the side of the tank - they do look silly but you can see their teeth :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.