Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets see- its been about 4 or 5 days since Amber and Kurtis "got together" And she has a little tummy already. Has anyone else seen this happen before? Its not super noticable- but usually they pop out like 5 days before they give birth (Well, my mice did) So What do you think? Is it possible?

Thanks
<3 Chelsea

· Registered
2,965 Posts
Sometimes, since you don't generally look at the belly every day when they're not expecting, you will "see" a baby bump that isn't really there once you are looking every day. :p

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
With all the yellow, red, and orange meeces I have I am always looking at a doe who's been bred and imagining I see something other than fat after a week or so. As they tend to pretty round to start out with sometimes I don't really know until a couple of days before they deliver.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XD Yea that makes sense. I havent changed her food- But she did come from a pet store.. so who knows. They mix males with females all the time.
Im probably just excited about her having pups. Ive been waiting to do this for a while now :3

· Registered
1,655 Posts
I try not to look for a belly on my pregnant does until a few days before they are due, otherwise I get all excited when I see the slightest sign of a belly and sometimes its nothing and I get all worked up and excited for nothing.

· Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I can usually start to see a bump at about two weeks. I try not to look too hard before this, so that I can positively tell if it's a bump or just nothing. If you're seeing a bump already (when was the first day Amber was with Kurtis?), then it might not be his pups, or might be comething else altogether.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I wasnt trying to look.. shes just so tiny and I was holding her today- And I saw a little tummy. I think I got a little overly excited.
Amber was with kurtis about 5 days ago. Shes still in his cage with him.

· Registered
2,977 Posts
A little late to the party, but: I have noticed on some of my mice, that I can tell really early. It's not necessarily that you can see the belly getting big because of the babies, but it might be showing because the mouse is putting on 'pregnancy' weight. :)

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I recently had a girl, that i could tell was pregnant at 6 days gone, she is now 17 days gone and obviously pregnant, but not hugely so.
I assumed because i could see a baby bump so early she was going to give birth to a monster sized litter, but apparently not hehee

W xx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.