Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going? Im hoping that I can come with my boyfriend, any more info on it available such as location, times etc?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what happens at a mouse show exactly? Like do people bring mice to sell with them and things? Ive decided I may be ready to start breeding show mice rather then just my beloved pets so Im after an unrelated pair of Himalayan/ Blue point siamese but as Im not sure if Im going or not (unorganized boyfriend ) I cant reserve lol unless you can send pets via courier

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
some shows have an auction where stock is available but not this one.If you want anything you would have to make arrangements with who ever keeps the variety you want in advance.Benjamin on here might be able to help you with the siamese.Where abouts are you.If you can't make this show someone may be able to collect stock for you and bring to a future show closer to home.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im in County Durham, so Im quite far away lol though I suppose I could wait till next year when I move to Beverly, near hull to go to Uni, Ill be near everyone then :D

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
That is an awkward location.If you know of any shows you can attend and can give plenty of notice something might be able to be sorted out.I would guess Manchester would be your best bet,next one is November the 7th.It has the advantage of being very central so you can combine a day in the city to entertain the non mousers with collecting mice.Still a fair old journey though

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I mean if I do go to Bingley, unless I can pursuade someone to take me its gonna be £30 train fare and a half 6ish train lol. Being where I am is rubbish really lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woa thats a lot. I didnt realise that showing would be so costly in the long run. I may be able to get myself to a preston show later this year and the london champs hopefully next year. Where would the best place to reserve mice for be? I mean, a show which the majority of people attend?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I win! I live in Surrey and i go by train to places the night before to be able to show, or i drive to shows in the south, minimum 2 hours one way but West country was 2.5hrs each way. So petrol costs, hotel costs, plus food etc = expensive. Worth it though!

I'm going to the Halifax and Bingley weekend.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
chams, silvers, PEWs and cham tans. It depends what looks the best the Tuesday before.

On reserving mice, if you want to breed for show, look in the NMC year book and the monthly NMC mags and find out who's winning with the varieties you want. Then call them, find out what shows they'll be at, and go from there. If you want to show don't buy from people that don't show or who have just started showing - you need the best mice you can get to start out with, and to get those you need to go to people that know what they're talking about.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay, well I sent my form off yesterday so I should get my yearbook soon though I will not be getting the magazines because of having to pay for my college bus pass. Can you subscribe for them via emailing the secretary or just upon joining?

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
dedication Heather :thumbuo . Northern shows are generally better for collecting stock but the London Champs will probably be well attended.Make a definate decision on what you want to keep and then track down breeders to find out which shows they will be attending.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
MouseBreeder said:
No Heth, Darren KNOWS you're crazy... :lol:
*sigh* yes, he does.... he really thinks i'm nuts now, going away Friday to Sunday to go to Yorkshire with 14 mice to show. But hey, i can't help it! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts