Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What colors do you think these are, am learning the english names now of the colors. I am curious to know what I might have had. We did not have mice shows or standards here so just interesting colors and nice temperment were bred. But may be some colors do have names?

1. Is this even marked or something similar?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Banded? Ok to have white stripe on the head?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Have no idea that this one is may be, white with dark markings around the left ear, undir the right ear and on the rump but white underneath all the body. This one had satin coat but it doesn´t show in the photo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. This one is all dark brown with half of it´s face white and all of it´s mouth white. Ears mixed white and dark with white behind the ears and a white marking on the back of the head. white tail and feet. Belly I thought was white but may be was light tan in the back? Had a nice shine to it´s coat but not satin though.
May be this color doesn´t have a name but if it does I would love to know :)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The first one looks veriegated, nice find!
Second one is banded, headspots are common on banded mice. :)
Three looks like it could be a broken black satin.
Fourth could be a banded with very bad markings, or a hereford. It could also be a broken black tan.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your answer Rhasputin.
Was reading about the broken pattern and it seems as number 3 would be better to have more patches.
I thought that number 1 had not evenly enough distiputed patches (as in discritpion online) to be veriegated but then again of course many mice do not have perfect markings :lol: so of course she could be :) and she doesn´t have clear markings.
I understand now that number 4 could be hereford (with bad markings lol) but I must try to learn more about broken black tan coloring, haven´t found any photos of that color yet.

More comments welcome, fun to hear if you have other suggestions or support Rhasputin :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
windyhill said:
1-veriegated
2-Banded
3-Broken
4-Broken (tan)
Thank you for that! Sounds good :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.