Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i started out with one, then he died so i left it for a couple of years then i got 2 boys,then2 girls,then another 2 girls,then my two boys died so i got 3 more boys and 3 more girls making a grand total of 10 then one of the girls popped with 12 babies. 4 boys 8 girls.

The were 2 week old yesterday.
The 4 boys, 2 of them have homes lined up and the other 2 are on hold.

The 8 girls, im keeping 4 although im getting very tempted to keep all 8 lol

The 4 i want to keep.

What colour?

Random ones.

Mum started getting ratty with me holding the babies and was taking them away from me so i put them back :lol2:[/quote]

·
Registered
584 Posts
There are definite dumbos in there, cute splodgies :) I am mystified by the pale colour tbh, as all the others babies are black and agouti? What colour is mum and dad? What colour eyes do the pale babies have? They look like russian silver agouti, although it is hard to be sure from pics :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
They are so flipping cute! I have never seen such cute baby ratties. Congrats ^^

·
Registered
863 Posts
Fantastic, they're adorable! don't often see such broken marked babies, but i must admit, very cute :mrgreen:

Aren't rats just the best, i have around 50 babies as of 9pm last night from my lot! about 40 are dumbo :p

Sorry to hijack, but if anyone knows of a hairless male going (preferably dumbo but not fussy), from a reliable source, please do tell, i'm looking for a strapping dark eyed lad for my two girlies who at the moment are just producing lovely blue berk, black berk and siamese normals with my dumbo Russian Blue boy :) :D

Now back to the cuteness, Oh i will have to get some piccies up of mine now, you do know what you have started don't you :lol:

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Halcyon - I think most of them are dumbos, Mum is top eared though im awaiting pictures of the father and the mothers parents.

julieszoo - Mum is like a greyish blue colour ( not so good with rat colour at the moment lol ) could be british blue, which im told is what the two babies might possibley because it shard to identifie blues on photos :S and they all have black eyes.

and im after some hairless females for my other hairless rat Mortisha because right now all her 5 friends have hair including the other 5 that shell be meeting in 6 week lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am adopting Ratties in the next couple of weeks. So excited. Your look very beautiful. In NZ we don't have some of the colours and markings that you fanciers have, both mice and rats. I wonder about smuggling :?

·
Registered
584 Posts
British blue shouldn't be pale, and rats of that colour bred for show would not be. But if those babies are from pet shop type lines, combined with h locus genes (the variegated type of markings) and some dilutions, it is feasible that they could look that pale. They could be pale british blue agouti, the splodgier of the 2 pale babies looks ticked to me...Very pretty markings whatever they are ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
There are actually some true-hairless rats at a pet store near me, but I am not really fond of rats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts