Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 shades of "pinkeyed bluegrey" in my litter fra a black tan and a dove tan (the dove carry blue for sure).

So the question here is - are they just different shades of dove or are they dove and silver?

Pics:

TIA :D

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Here's some of my silver babies:

It's not the best picture for colour, the babies are a bit too 'warm' looking in the photograph, but you can see the difference in shade.

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ Oh i see what you mean - they are much lighter than the light doves in my litter :)

Thanks again, love how people are always so helpful in here :D

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Yup, silvers are pretty much white, the way to tell they are silvers (the way i use anyway) is when the orange tan develops in thier baby ears! =o)

W xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts

My two best silvers are Satin, so just a tiiiinnny bit darker than normal coated.

Willow xx

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
All three of these are dove (all three are the wrong shade, too):

The lightest (and youngest) is approaching silver but isn't there yet.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
You're welcome. They're cousin sisters (born to two sisters in litters sired by their father) from a highly inbred line who still throw all kinds of shades of dove. Every once in a while you will get a very light one who could pass as silver, but they've been bred for type not for color so the color is not very "fixed" yet.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Off Topic question :oops:

Isn't it pretty big for 4 weeks old petmice to weigh 25 grams :?:

The 3 males i kept from my fuzzy female + simi LH is that age and weight - and i think they are huge, will be fun to see how big they end up as adults :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts