It is currently Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 5 of 7 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: To all feeder breeders
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Must say i agree with catwoman Mice lover i'm afraid your on the wrong side of the fence here mate, This forum welcomes feeder breeders with open arms, I would call catwoman a proper breeder even though she breeds to feed her other pets. I'm a show breeder and pet breeder not what i would call a feeder breeder but i wish i was then i wouldnt have to "waste" all my cullings. As a pet breeder i guess you are from your post please do tell me what you plan to do with all the extra bucks from litters? As they dont make the best of pets since they smell more need to be housed alone and are at times more aggressive, or do you plan to palm them off on people that have no idea on mouse keeping like so many other BAD breeders? please dont be as naive as to tell me you dont have a problem with rehoming bucks or do you plan on keeping every single one? would take a hell of alot of room considering there a 50% chance with every mouse born for it to be a buck. If you intend to cull them why shouldnt they go to use feeding another animal instead of ending up in the bin like sadly mine do. (ps anyone in the northeast who wants free culled mice please let me know)

The Village Mousery

Advertisement

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Think its all been said, thanks everyone who has put 'mice-lover' right.

the bottom line is this forum welcomes feeder breeders.

Good job really seen as though i feed my culled mice to my snakes too.

end of discussion methinks. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:29 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Artunature, you can always donate your culled mice to your local zoo. They would probably love to have them. :)
Or if you have a falconer near-by, they would probably love to have them! Or ferret breeder! Ferrets just love mice. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

no zoo's sadly but i sure will have a look around for a falconer or ferret breeder i hate seeing waste..

The Village Mousery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 am 
Regular
Regular

SarahY wrote:
Quote:
Well if your a feeder breeder thats fine but why talk about it on the fancy Mice Breeders Club?
How about join a site just for feeder breeders.
Being a feeder breeder is not much different to being a show breeder. Show breeders cull a lot of mice, it comes with the territory. I cull all of my mice in the end, I don't have the space to keep old-timers. I stilll love my mice. Most, if not all, of the feeder breeders on here love their mice and treat them extremely well.

I believe that humane culling is part of any responsible breeder's duty. Being a breeder is so much more than than just raising animals and EVERYONE is welcome here to learn and share.

If you don't agree with feeder breeding I would suggest just not reading the parts of the forum where it's discussed ;)

Sarah xxx

Ok i am NOT a show breeder and i deffently do not cull my mice and i don't intend to.
I am on this website because i do have some mice that i am unsure of the colours and
patterns and i would like to know more about. I take this site as learning for me.
I wouldnt say i am a breeder just yet because i dont do it that often, it's just like
a little hobby for me and they are my babies that i love alot. Now if i started to be a reptile
breeder i couldn't feed my mice to my reptile the only thing i could do is buy frozen rats/mice for them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:39 am 
Deactivated
Deactivated

I wasn't saying you were a show breeder, I was just pointing out that the majority of people here cull their mice and most of those feed them to other animals.

It's really great that you love your mice so much, but as moustress so rightly said, this forum was originally designated for all breeders of mice for all purposes. In the time I've been a member here only you and two other members have objected. There are plenty of pet forums out there for pet only breeders and keepers.

Sarah xxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Artuntaure wrote:
no zoo's sadly but i sure will have a look around for a falconer or ferret breeder i hate seeing waste..

a wildlife rescue is another option.I've just released the crow I rescued and it thrived on pinkies.Badgers and foxes and hedgehogs all eat them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 pm 
Deactivated
Deactivated

Glad the crow recovered Sarah!

Sarah xxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

SarahY wrote:
Glad the crow recovered Sarah!

Sarah xxx

thanks,it was a real pleasure to know,so bright but it surely could eat for England.I usually feed my pinks to the ferrets but they have had to have tinned while the crow fine dined.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great thing, to rehabilitate wildlife. My dad picked up an injured crow from the shoulder of the road when I was about 11; it was a great feeling to see him fly away when he was released. We fed him minnows and fish guts, as my mom was totally afraid of rodents. Even a dead one would have her standing on a chair shrieking like her knickers were on fire.

Page 5 of 7 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next