It is currently Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 3 of 7 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: To all feeder breeders
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I totally agree with the names! If I name a mouse, I'm too attached to feed it, and I add another to the menagery! :lol:

Advertisement

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 am 

hey guys... im not new to mice but im new to this breeding route... i have been hunting high and low for mice.. they are like gold dust atm.. i cant get them anywhere.. im aiming to be able to feed my ever growing snake collection, but also do a small collection of pet mice for the kids.. The issues im finding is no one is local enough to me or they arent willing to deliver( no car)....so today im gonna be hunting the few remaining pet stores we have then contact private breeders.. as im really stuck.. feel like cinderella ... got all the stuff but nothing to use it on..Bein near to london may seem attractive to most but in honesty its the middle of nowhere. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:03 pm 

cat wrote:
hey guys... im not new to mice but im new to this breeding route... i have been hunting high and low for mice.. they are like gold dust atm.. i cant get them anywhere.. im aiming to be able to feed my ever growing snake collection, but also do a small collection of pet mice for the kids.. The issues im finding is no one is local enough to me or they arent willing to deliver( no car)....so today im gonna be hunting the few remaining pet stores we have then contact private breeders.. as im really stuck.. feel like cinderella ... got all the stuff but nothing to use it on..Bein near to london may seem attractive to most but in honesty its the middle of nowhere. :cry:

Hey you're near me! :)
I know of someone in Royston, Hertfordshire and could probably get you a contact email/number if thats near enough? I also know someone in Harpenden but i'm not 100% sure that she has any mice left, could still give you her number if you'd like?
I don't know if either of them would deliver though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:03 pm 

Its nice to see a mouse forum thats not against feeder breeders.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:08 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Snakes gotta eat too. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I am so glad this forum accepts feeder breeders! I have gone through my share of mice from petstores and realized they are HORRIBLE breeders ( because they come from money pits - mills - that don't care ). I didnt want to only breed them for snake food though, I find mice very neat creatures and I wanted to keep most as pets. I take extremely good care of my animals. Currently I have 4 healthy cats, a dog, and two snakes; a ball python (11 years old), and a honduran milk snake (8 years old). I have done my fair share of research over the past week and I know all about breeding, sexing, and properly taking care of quality mice. I have a large cage with all new wheels, bottles, and food dishes ready to go; all is left is to find the perfect mice! :) I live in the Richmond Metro area of Virginia and I am willing to drive a decent amount to get my mice. -If you think you can help me out please contact me asap! Thanks!

PS: I am actually trying to become a quality mouse breeder, NOT for feeding, I am looking for show quality mice to breed seprerately from the feeder mice!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:08 am 
Regular
Regular

Oh thank goodness! I have three mice, and if they breed the babies will probably end up as feeders. I am so glad to see that this forum isn't against feeders, because I have had a bad experience with a rabbit forum when they found out I kept reptiles as well as rabbits (none of my snakes are big enough to eat rabbits anyways, and I don't keep any rabbits anymore). I was worried when I joined here I might have another bad experience! So so glad to see that this is an accepting community.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 am 
Regular
Regular

Well if your a feeder breeder thats fine but why talk about it on the fancy Mice Breeders Club?
Most people on this website are proper breeders that put all their time into caring for them and
some people might be hurt about the fact that if they sell a mouse to someone they would be
worried that the buyer would use it as reptile food.
How about join a site just for feeder breeders.
And if you do breed mice i wouldnt be going on about how you sell your mice as reptile food
because i dont no about anyone else but it puts me off buying from someone who does that.

ok im sorry but im the kind of person who disrespects feeder breeders not u or anyone
personally but the fact of the pet mice being eaten by reptiles. I only dislike it because i am a mouse breeder
and i love my mice. So im just saying show some respect to those who love their mice by not saying upsetting
things.

I am not angry just sad and im just showing how much i care.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:09 am 
Regular
Regular

And i am NOT against Feeder Breeders.
I just love my mice. It is not wrong but
if it is a pet then that is cruel.
You have to understand where im comming from.
:)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But this really saddened me. I am sure that there are plenty of feeder breeders out there that have unreputable practices but please don't judge everyone the same. I am a mousebreeder, I love my mice, I am responsible for their lives as they are in my care. But to me that also extends to their death as well. I have chosen to breed these animals so I want them to have as happy lives as possible, and as humane a death as possible. I feel that I have to take responsability for their whole life cycle. Some of our friends to begin with found this a hard thing to comprehend but after seeing how we care for them in life as in death, always with respect for the life they are giving they now understand. Reptiles have to eat it's a fact of life, if you breed to show there will always be surplus stock. I am simply joining up the dots. I cannot comment on others breeding practices but I for one would rather feed my reptiles food that I know has been fed a good diet and had a happy life rather than food that I cannot trace ;)
I think this site is a valuable source of information for anyone who wants to breed mice. And anything that can educate people on how to be more responsable breeders, for whatever reason needs to remain accessable to everyone.

Page 3 of 7 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next