Pet Mice Forum banner

Moderator's Wanted

17K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  Tikmio 
#1 ·
Moderator wanted to cover the sales section.

Please post your interest here and I will contact you.

#14 ·
I can totally understand you taking on more MODS I just don't get why they each have seperate sections, we tried this once with a guinea pig forum and it caused meyhem (members not knowing which MOD to contact if they needed something doing in a specific area to name one thing) so ended up making all the MOD's MOD for all sections and it was a lot easier.

It's also frustrating for MOD's only having access to their specific section as they can't do anything in other sections and it might be necessary from time to time ;)

#15 ·
NaomiR said:
I can totally understand you taking on more MODS I just don't get why they each have seperate sections, we tried this once with a guinea pig forum and it caused meyhem (members not knowing which MOD to contact if they needed something doing in a specific area to name one thing) so ended up making all the MOD's MOD for all sections and it was a lot easier.

It's also frustrating for MOD's only having access to their specific section as they can't do anything in other sections and it might be necessary from time to time ;)
Each forum clearly states which moderator is the moderator for that forum so there shouldn't be any confusion. We have some global mods which have access to all sections. I have assigned section mods to keep that section in good order and so far its working better than I first thought so until any issues come up which point out that its not working I don't see it changing.

Leigh is currently the sales section mod and has so far done an excellent job in ensuring all topics are in the correct format and i personally think its looking 110% better now that only one mod is controlling that section.

If the mods were all global mods then not all sections would be monitored and moderated, for example sometimes when I come on I only look in sections that really interest me were as some sections I think "ill look later" Section mods should come on and check there own section to ensure its all in order and so far that's what is being done.

#16 ·
I am very interested (if the need arises)!

I am a mod on the website Mweor.com - my user ID# is 8652 (nickname is "Lizzle"), if you'd like to check to make sure. I am familiar with professional behavior and proper grammar, so if a space becomes available for a particular forum section, I'd be more than happy to assist! :)

#23 ·
I would be very happy to devote some time to the forum as a mod for the sales section.

I spend many happy hours on the forum already and would be available/online often. My primary target would remain keeping the forum the friendly community that it is and better than other forums :)

#24 ·
I would like to apply for global moderator, or alternatively, sales moderator. :)

I think I would be good for this position for these reasons:
I am pretty well versed in computers, so I am useful in that sense.
I am great at moderating arguments, or disagreements. I don't take sides in situations like those, even if I have a friend who is involved, my main objective would be to clear it from the board, or have it settled peacefully.
I am pretty knowledgeable about mice, though I am still learning about the letter abbreviations for genetics. This is useful because, well, it's a mouse forum! :p
I am good at understanding broken English, and great at using and understanding translators (I am very good at filling in the blanks) this will help me greatly in a moderating position, since this board is used by people from all over the world, who speak different languages.
I am online -very- often (virtually all of my free time), so I am readily available, when something needs to be handled, or fixed.

Thank you for considering me. :)

EDIT: I would also like to add that I have had experience moderating in an online chat and roleplaying game called 'Furcadia'. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.