It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Grief
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:40 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
2 days have passed since Stanley was PTS. I dont really know how to cope with this. Songs set me off crying, I've just packed his cage and bottle away, his toys have been given to my other mice. I made a tribute page for him in my book with the rest of them and found some lyrics to match him. Been looking at my photos of him and my videos. I can't stop crying. I miss him terribly he was my best friend. None of my other rodents or even my dog have the same bond with me. Sure Winston is more than happy to come out and fall asleep on my hand and hide in my dressing gown, but hes equally happy left to sleep in his bed. The rats crawl back in their cage if I hold them and they dont appreciate free range either they just dont want to come out. Charlie and his mutimammate harem are practically feral. Hes become one of them as in they are so independent of me and do not wish to be bothered.

I don't know how to deal with this. I don't even think I grieved this much when my girl ruptured a tumour and bled to death in her cage while I was asleep. Advice?

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: Grief
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's hard, I know, dannixx; short lives that burn so bright are sad, perhaps the saddest part of keeping mousies. Stanley sounds like a wonderful little cuddlebuddy. While I have kept a large number of mousies, there are always a couple that I get more attached to and have a hard time when they die. There's nothing to be done; time will help, kind words can only do so much, but here they are, right in the place where folks really do understand. *hug*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

thanks moustress, I just . . well I don't know what to do with myself right now. Family think I'm over it because during the day you get distracted, but late at night like now it all comes rushing back

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I only ever felt this way with one of my first mice from, wow, 12 years ago now... she was called Gabrielle and I adored her, and she loved me too. Used to sit on my shoulder for hours and groom me, fall asleep in my pocket...

Its awful to start with, but one day you will be able to remember your boy with smiles instead of tears! Promise! *hugs*

W xx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So sorry for the loss of your friend. :( Hugs.xXx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 pm 
Deactivated
Deactivated

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

thanks everyone, I'm starting to feel a little better now, it's nice to know im not alone feeling this torn up over my little furries :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I've had a couple rodents in my life, and I ALWAYS cry when they decide to go and die on me. All I can say is try to remember the good memories and, possibly, find another mousy to get super attached to. *hugs*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 am 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Oh Danniixx, I know how this feels. My first mouse was a pink eyed white male called Kinky and he was almost human. He spent much of his day on my bed and only went back to his cage during the night. Kinky was my star, my friend, my everything and he was the one who got me keeping mice from then on. I`ve often pondered the thought of stopping after my last female has gone, but like you, I feel mice just have that hold on you that other pets don`t. I don`t know why that is, but they do seem to have a charisma.

Take comfort that Stanley is not gone. He never will be as long as you remember him. Just as I do with Kinky and my other wee pals that have gone. I never cried when I had to have my 15 year old labrador pts, but I did when I lost Winston my rat and Kinky. Strange the way things work, but maybe we feel a raport with mice tht we don`t with bigger animals?

Chin up. x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Its so sad Danixx when they pass away hell be running with all the other mice at the bridge for pets in heaven where there out of any pain or suffering.Im sure yiou have fond memories of Stanley it happens to us all at some point in time it will get easier believe me Danixx.

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next