Pet Mice Forum banner

R.I.P.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  fancy-mouse-for-life 
#1 ·
Angel was in our life for too short of a time.
We purchased Angel with her two sisters Ellie and Nester from a local PetSmart. As soon as I saw Ellie behind the glass, curled up like a little brown ball of floof, I knew I had to have her. My boyfriend found me there, holding the mouse with a pet store associate hovering over my shoulder and immediately said, "Oh no, what did you find...." Of course, I coaxed him to hold the little brown mouse, and soon after I wanted it back so the associate gave him a little white one, and he fell in love. Then his mom walks up and of course gave us the "no way in h*ll" look, but we coaxed her in and she held the little white mouse. She caved in and we decided we would take the little brown mouse and the little white mouse home.. But oh no, there was a third white mouse, a third sister! So his mom went home with a mouse, too :lol: After taking the three sisters home with everything we needed, my boyfriend and I loved on the mice every day, it was like our before bed ritual to take them out and play with them, letting them run around and scare the life out of our little dog. It was really nice to see my 6'4 boyfriend that acts so tough truley melt over such a little thing. He would baby talk her, and love on her. I ended up suggesting the name Angel or Blanca after his mom had named hers Nester and I named mine Ellie. He chose Angel.
One day I was cleaning their cage as usual while my boyfriend was at work. His mom and I put them in their rollie balls, and I heard one of the mice screaming. My boyfriends mom looked at each other and then discovered that one of the rollie balls had opened, and Angel was gone. She had ran into my boyfriends moms room and unfortunately ran into her cats that were under the bed. I ran in there and whacked every cat I could reach with a pole, swinging left and right at the cats under the bed to try and save it. However, I was too late as I found Angels body under the bed. There was very little blood on her neck, and her body was limp. I was the only one that cried, and I still feel responsible for not being able to save her, and feeling somewhat responsible for suggesting the name that she lived up to. My boyfriends mom calmed me down and I wasn't planning on telling my boyfriend until he got home because I didn't want to ruin his day, but he ended up calling me while I was crying so it was hard enough to keep it from me when he kept asking why I was upset. The conversation was more him trying to get me to feel better than anything else, but he later told me that he was very sad about Angel passing. We buried her in the backyard. Til this day, my boyfriend never wants to hold the mice and doesn't like it when I hold them around him, either. I hope he will come around some day and soften up again. Angel was a precious little soul and she is greatly missed <3

Also, from then on every time I used the rollie balls I put tape over the lids so they won't pop open. I just wish I hadn't learned that lesson the hard way.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.