It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rest in Peace Mithe...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Mithe passed away yesterday... She was with me for 1 and 1/2 years, but I got her as an adult and she was in the pet store for a long time, so I believe she was actually 2 years or 2 1/2 years old. She is the mouse that got me into fancy mice.

About 10 months ago, Mithe suffered a stroke which caused her to circle for the rest of her life with a permanent head tilt. She kept going though. There were many times I didn't believe she was going to make it much longer, but she proved me wrong. She never suffered any tumors though or any other health problems.

The night before last, Mithe was looking very ill... She could barely move and was upside down with babies piled on top of her (I use the elder bin as a nursery too, for the female babies that are weaned).. I picked her up and at that point I didn't expect her to make it through the night, but she did. She was alive yesterday morning before I left for work. I checked on her, stroked her and told her goodbye. When I came home last night from work, she was gone.

She left behind Myrre, the mouse that I got her with from the pet store. I don't know if they were relatives, but they were best friends.

We cremated her, because it was too late to bury her.

Here are some pictures of her when she was younger.

Advertisement

Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace Mithe...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 pm 
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Mice just touch my hert so much I had one die today (long story) poor wee things

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]