Pet Mice Forum banner

RIP Aylithe and I guess Appa too...

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Awaiting_Abyss 
#1 ·
I put Aylithe to sleep just now... She was once my favorite mouse, but over time she became extremely aggressive toward other mice. When she crippled and almost killed Nemo I separated her from the other mice. She lived alone until she became very ill yesterday. When I found her tonight she was in bad shape, so I said my goodbye and hopefully she'll be happy now.

Now for Appa, my Syrian hamster who I assume is dead... Earlier today I asked my husnand to give Appa and Akka (my other Syrian hamster) more water in their bottles. I usually take care of the animals, but I was making some meat soup for my ferrets. When I went in the critter room my husband was holding and snuggling Appa. I then left the room and gave the food to my ferrets. My husband then left the critter room and closed the door so the cats wouldn't get in. When we came home, I didn't see Soren (my bobcat hybrid kitten who is fed a whole prey diet) anywhere, but I heard him meowing. My first thought was, "did he (my husband) shut him in the bathroom for today?" (Up until recently we shut Soren in the bathroom beside the critter room while we weren't home.) I noticed he wasn't closed in the bathroom so I opened the critter room and Soren comes walking out. So I went in to see if he caused any damage... I found Appa's cage door wide open and Appa was nowhere to be found... Appa's cage is on top of a shelf... so its a 5 to 6 foot drop to the floor.. We searched the room from top to bottom but there is no sign of Appa... With Soren being in the room, I don't have high hopes for Appa...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.