Pet Mice Forum banner

RIP Koko

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bonsai 
#1 ·
Name: Koko
Age: approximately 4 months old (going based on what previous owner told us which may not be correct)
:cry:
My sweet little Koko was likely a runt she was only 18 grams while the other 3 were nearly 30.. not sure lineage we are pretty sure the person we adopted them from had picked then up at a pet shop, they all got given a clean bill of health from the vet a few weeks ago. Koko seemed a bit anxious and had started over grooming and was starting to lose fur on her face.. we started taking her out for longer periods and she became our calmest sweetest mouse her fur was slowly starting to grow back, then yesterday she seemed to be walking slightly funny we thought it was because she had just woken up.. but she also kept stopping in the middle of walking standing completely still for a while before moving again.. I had worried about it, but wasn't sure there was an actual problem as I have been a bit over protective of them an it was right before bed so I figured if she was still behaving this way today I would research it and if not it was all in my head.. early this morning we heard some squeaking but not enough to be too concerned as they have a tendency to argue every so often but haven't hurt one another.. this morning Koko was lying dead in their house.. no signs of trauma or anything, just completely still.. I am heart broken because she was my favorite and I just can't stop crying.. I thought posting here might help me feel a bit better.. sorry if this came out too rambling, my brain still isn't very coherent right now. If anyone has any ideas what might have caused something like this and how to be sure the other 3 are okay that would be welcomed and appreciated..

ETA: pictures (I edited them so they were under 800x600 but they are still looking large, if they come out too big let me know and I can change them to just links)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.