Pet Mice Forum banner

RIP Triona..

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Miceandmore64 
#1 ·
Rest in Peace Triona.

The only pictures I have of her is from when I first got her. :( I wish I had taken more recent pictures... I believe she was a champagne and tan belted mouse. I could never determine if she was champagne or what..

She died this morning. The other night (I posted in another thread about this) it got very cold in the house because the heater wasn't home when I came home. Triona got too cold and was almost dead then, but I got her out of the tank and held her against me for more than an hour until she came "back to life" and started moving around. She groomed me and then crawled up and sat on my shoulder underneath the thermal robe I was wearing.
Last night I saw she was looking lethargic and she was very cold yet again; yet it was 70 degrees last night and 80 degrees today. (Gotta love those fluctuating temperatures of South Carolina's fall and winter) I held her last night and tried to get her to drink water and eat something. I only succeeded in getting her to drink a taste of water.

Ever since then she's been okay, but she hasn't been warm like a normal mouse. I'm not sure why her older litter wasn't helping to keep her warm, but she left behind three from her older litter and her new litter that her daughter is now caring for (the litter was partially Triona's and partially her daughters.. they gave birth at almost the same time so I'm not really sure which babies are Triona's and which are her daughter's.)

Though she doesn't look like Triona, I will be naming a little ruby eyed silver and white banded mouse after Triona. I'm not sure if its Triona's daughter or her granddaughter, but either way she is her descendant.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.